Fun and informative facts about infants and toddlers. I will continue to add to this list, so check back!
- Developmentally, the first three years of a child’s life are the most crucial. They grow and learn the fastest when they receive attention, affection, and stimulation.
- It can take seven times introducing your child to a new food before they will try or like it.
- Two-year olds are more active than at any other point in their lives. (Does this really surprise anyone? ;-))
- Reading to your child at any age will increase their knowledge.
- At birth, a baby’s brain is 10% of their total body weight. An adult’s is 2%.
- Babies who learn baby sign develop richer vocabulary and greater confidence in language when they are older than their non-signing peers.
- Encouraging children to play and explore helps them develop socially, physically, emotionally, and intellectually.